A production house provides the physical basis for works in the world of film, television, performing arts, radio, and media.The production company may be directly responsible for fundraising for the production or may accomplish this through a parent company, partner, or private investor. It handles budgeting, scheduling, scripting, the supply with talent and resources, the organization of staff, the production itself, post-production, distribution, and marketing. The production house is the foundation for a project in the media and arts industry, without which, a movie or a show cannot be made. The production house could be of any size, small or big.
There are a lot of production houses in India. Production houses in Chennai, production houses in Kolkata and production houses in Mumbai are the ones that top the list in India. These production houses are responsible for the following:
- They are responsible for filming and development of a specific production or media broadcast.
- They are responsible for getting the financiers so that the project can reach the pre-production phase.
- They are responsible to hand pick the actors and crew and start the filming on time.
- After filming is completed, the production enters into post production, which is handled by a Post -Production Company and overseen by the production company.
- Once a final film has been approved, the film is taken over by the distributors, who then release the film.
These are just a few examples of what the production houses are responsible for. There are different kinds of production houses that carry various other functions, depending on your needs and requirements.